Your Dyer Realty team has been watching sales statistics closely thanks to the Cambridge Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listings System and have noted a few key items:
- For the first 3 months of 2022, average and median home sales prices were been higher than they have ever been for the areas of Cambridge, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Brantford and Woodstock.
- Properties sold quickly with most properties selling in less than 2 weeks.
- The number of freehold and condominium property sales were down compared to 2021 in nearly all areas with the exclusion of Woodstock and condos in Brantford.
- It was still a sellers market for the first quarter of 2022 real estate in South-Western Ontario.
For your comparison, statistics for 2021 are linked here:
- 2021 – 4th Quarter Real Estate Review
- 2021 – 3rd Quarter Real Estate Review
- 2021 – 2nd Quarter Real Estate Review
- 2021 – 1st Quarter Real Estate Review
Kitchener-Waterloo and Area 1st Quarter Real Estate Statistics
Note: Kitchener-Waterloo sales statistics include data from Kitchener, Waterloo, Woolwich, Wellesley and Wilmot.
Cambridge and Area 1st Quarter Real Estate Statistics
Note: Cambridge and Area real estate statistics include areas within the City of Cambridge as well as North Dumfries including Ayr.
Brantford and Area 1st Quarter Real Estate Statistics
Note: Brantford sales statistics include areas within the City of Brantford as well as the County of Brant including Paris.
Guelph and Area 1st Quarter Real Estate Statistics
Note: Guelph and area includes properties sold in the City of Guelph as well as the townships of Wellington, Erin, Eramosa, Mapleton, Minto and Puslinch.
Woodstock and Area 1st Quarter Real Estate Statistics
Note: Woodstock and area includes properties sold in the City of Woodstock as well as the Oxford County including Ingersoll and Tillsonburg.
Interested in getting more statistics?
If you are interested in timely updates on real estate statistics, tune into our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts on Friday mornings where we publish weekly statistics for what has been happening in Waterloo Region real estate.
If you would rather have more detailed statistics about residential or commercial real estate transactions in your neighbourhood, please call our office at 519-653-5353 and ask to speak to a member of our sales team, or reach out to us through our Contact page.
We would love to help you understand the world of real estate in your area!